Preschool Power- Fall 2017
A small social-intensive group program for children ages 3-5. The focus is on developing classroom participation skills, effective communication skills, and appropriate peer interactions using circle time, supported play, movement activities, and crafts. The program is limited to six children per session. It is co-led by a speech-language pathologist and an occupational therapist.
This group will meet one afternoon a week for a one hour session over the course of 15 weeks.
- Encouraging use of age-appropriate language to communicate wants and needs.
- Improving ability to follow verbal directions.
- Encouraging appropriate social interactions in a small-group setting.
- Exploring sensory strategies that are useful in supporting behavioral organization.
- Improving engagement and attention for age-appropriate fine-motor and visual motor tasks.
WHEN: Wednesdays, August 30th – December 13th (no session the week of Thanksgiving) TIME: 1:00 -2:00 PM
COST: $100 per session.
Children are expected to attend every session (barring illness), as the session build on each other and group dynamics are in important component. These services are billed as Occupational Therapy or Speech Therapy services and many parents receive partial reimbursement from their insurance companies.
(If your child is not attending therapy sessions at Emerge, we will be in touch with you to set up a brief free screening to determine if this program is a good match for your child.)
Register for PRESCHOOL POWER - Fall 2017
By filling out the form below: