Preschool Projects – Fall 2020
Developing skills for early classroom success, including fine motor skills, early literacy skills, and following directions
Ages 3-5 years
Preschool Projects is a therapeutic virtual group targeting classroom readiness for children ages 3 to 5 years old. Group members participate in therapeutic activities that simulate those of a classroom setting, including craft projects, story time, and other interactive learning opportunities. Children build their fine motor, visual motor, and communication skills with the support of therapists so that they can confidently participate in early academic settings.
- Encourage use of age-appropriate language to communicate wants and needs.
- Improve ability to follow verbal directions.
- Improve phonological awareness skills important for early literacy development
- Build an understanding of expected classroom behaviors
- Improve engagement and attention for age-appropriate fine- motor and visual motor tasks
- Course 1: September 30 – October 21
- Course 2: October 28 – November 18
Time: 1:00-2:00 pm
Total Cost: $160 (per course!)
To register, submit an electronic form.
This virtual group will be held on the Zoom platform. Sessions will be recorded. If you miss a session, you will receive a link to the recording. This link will expire after a few days.
Children are expected to attend every session (barring illness), as the sessions build on each other and group dynamics are an important component. These services are billed as Occupational and/or Speech Therapy services and many parents receive partial reimbursement from their insurance companies.
If your child is not attending therapy sessions at Emerge, we will be in touch with you to set up a brief free screening to determine if this program is a good match for your child.